THE INNER ATTITUDE WHILE DOING SURYA NAMASKARA
Each movement needs to be made very consciously. While performing Surya Namaskara you should face either the Sun or East.
It is essential that you clearly evoke and maintain constantly and firmly the image of the gigantic force sphere of the Sun. You can also meditate on the Sun as a nurturer and dispenser of terrestrial life.
It is very important to synchronize breathing with the performed movements. Though it may seem complicated, it is just a normal and natural breathing rhythm superimposed over the rhythm of the movements. However, breathing can be neglected in the beginning of the performance, until you familiarize yourself with the movements.
- Surya Namaskara tones up the entire digestive system through the consecutive stretching and constricting of the abdomen; these exercises deeply massage all the viscera: liver, stomach and kidney; they activate digestion and quickly remove constipation quickly.
- Through Surya Namaskara the lungs are completely ventilated, the blood is oxygenated and purified through a great expulsion of carbon dioxide and from other poison gases that can be found in the breathing channels.
- Intensifies heart activity and thus blood circulation is activated in the whole body.
- It fights off hypertension and palpitations.
- Sleep becomes more profound and relaxing and memory is improved.
- It quickly removes worries and inner tensions.
- It stimulates and normalizes the activity of the endocrine glands, especially the thyroid gland, thanks to the neck compression.
- It fortifies the entire body: the neck, the shoulders, the arms, the joints, the fingers, the back, the abdomen, the pelvis, the thighs, the calves and the ankles.
- It stimulates the activity of the uterus and of the ovaries, eliminating the irregularities of menstruation and the pains caused by it.
- Surya Namaskara ideally shapes the body, removing excess fats from the abdomen, hips, thighs, neck and chin.
- It amplifies natural resistance to diseases by fortifying the immune system.
- Surya Namaskara is the most efficient method for creating and maintaining a youthful inner state permanently.
PART 1 | PART 2